Gordon Klingenschmitt is now a State Senator
“One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.” – Tim Burton.
So, Colorado has a new State Senator, and his name is Gordon Klingenschmitt. I’ve written about him before, but just in case you’re not aware of who he is, please allow me to enlighten you. He goes by the handle “Dr. Chaps,” he is a former (and disgraced) Navy Chaplain, and has been found guilty of wearing his Navy uniform during a political protest.
Not that bad, right? Well, he also objected to the US Armed Forces requirement that chaplains offer non-sectarian prayers, and is one of “those Christians” who adamantly claim that believers here in these United States are actually persecuted. He also runs this thing called the “Pray in Jesus’ Name Project.”
Still not that bad, right?
OK, he is also virulently against anything even connected to the LGBT community, particularly the people, is dead-set on instituting a Christian Theocracy in place of whatever the hell it is we have now, and is well known for his over-the-top, discriminatory, bigoted and hateful comments.
Here’s a short list:
1. “Almighty God, today we pray imprecatory prayers from Psalm 109 against the enemies of religious liberty…who recently issued a press release attacking me personally… Let their days be few, and replace them with godly people. Plunder their fields and seize their assets. Cut off their descendants. And remember their sins. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
2. “She gave her life to Jesus. She welcomed the Holy Spirit. And I looked into her eyes as she began to weep and I said, “You foul spirit of lesbianism, this woman has renounced you, come out of her in Jesus’ name,’ and she began to wrestle with that and suddenly her eyes began to bug out and then she began to weep, and weep, and weep as the Holy Spirit forgave her sins… She was baptized the next day and then she became one of the best evangelists in our church, started carrying around her Bible telling all of her friends about Jesus and she started dating boys.”
3. “Almighty God, please bless Lowes Home Improvement stores for their wise decision to stop advertising for the TV show All-American Muslim, which is nothing but Islamic propaganda designed to whitewash the fact that practitioners of militant Islam not only slaughtered over 3000 American civilians, but routinely kill millions of Christians worldwide.”
4. “Sen. Franken recently released a video in which he blames the high rate of suicide among homosexual teens on school bullying, by abusing these sad tragedies as his own propaganda tool. By spreading even more lies to more teens, Franken is ultimately causing more suicides. Teen suicide is tragic enough without Senator Franken recruiting more kids into homosexuality, which causes depression, self-hatred, self-rejection and self-murder.”
5. “Sexual harrassment [sic] is banned in the military, unless you’re a homosexual abusing a Christian, then it’s openly encouraged.”
6. “Federal bureaucrats will enforce Obamacare to exterminate the elderly, systematically. We must take a stand.”
7. “Picture this: four NFL players coming out as gay, and then this whole youth movement of coaches recruiting children into the homosexual lifestyle and punishing Christians because they voice an opposition to that sort of thing in the locker room… that is a demonic use of the sporting industry.”
8. “Is bestiality now a perceived sexual orientation? Well since it’s not defined in the ENDA bill, yes it is!”
9. “An atheist chaplain would be the perfect vehicle for convincing wounded warriors that they should end their lives because there’s nothing in the future and there’s nothing now, so why not just save money and kill themselves.”
10. “In other words, it doesn’t matter what your skin color is, it matters what’s inside of your heart. And if your heart is full of corruption or sin or immorality — in this case, homosexuality — then you should be discriminated against.”
11. “You know what, citizens, if you don’t have a gun, I’m telling you — as a Christian chaplain — sell your clothes and buy a gun. It’s time.”
12. “I want to put up there again this picture of this gay couple, these two men, holding up a baby. I want you to notice that one of them, one of the men, almost has his tongue hanging out, like he’s licking his chops, like, ‘This baby is ours now!’ And that’s fine, you may call that love, but it looks to me a little bit like lust.”
13. “These abusive parents now have used this little boy to try and claim that he’s a girl to try and tell the world that they ought to let transgender adults into your little girl’s public bathrooms… There is a demon of rape inside of this movement to violate your daughters.”
14. “There is NO mention of sexual orientation in the Constitution, and any judge who imagines one is a domestic enemy of the Constitution, and should be impeached and removed from office.”
15. “Child molesting is therefore a favorite “recruiting” tool of adult homosexuals. They violate children, and when the victim is later confused, they lie and say ‘you were born that way.’”
This guy is so “out there,” that the GOP has even denounced him. Last June, the Colorado Republican Party Chairman Ryan Call said,
“Gordon does not speak on behalf of the Republican Party. To suggest otherwise is inaccurate and dishonest.”
Klingenschmitt defeated his Democratic opponent by a margin of 40 percent margin, and will assume his in the Colorado House of Representatives in January. I think there are going to be a lot of people who are glad that recreational marijuana is legal in Colorado come 2015.
Here are a couple of his videos: