Tea Party Member Blames “Attacks On Christianity” for Batman Massacre (A Rant)

ghomertsmallCNN and other news outlets reported on the story about a heavily armed man who attacked an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater early Friday that was showing “The Dark Knight Rises.” Reports state that the man tossed tear gas into the theater before opening fire, killing 12 and wounding 38. It didn’t take long for the GOP / Tea Party to jump into the fray with their utterly, totally, complete and unequivocal tin-foil hat batshittery. Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) (pictured) said that these shootings were a result of “ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Tea Bagging Fools…

This is indicative of  usual ignorant stupidity that the Tea Party regularly spouts off. I actually think this is some sort of record between the occurrence of an event and the Tea Party responding with a completely irresponsible and utterly idiotic statement about their God releasing wrath for.

Attacks on Christianity, you say? Too fucking bad. These fundamental assholes deserve every word that is directed at them for their regular attacks on women, the LGBT community, the poor, the sick, the disabled and anyone else who doesn’t agree with their hateful, bigoted, discriminatory and theocratic drek.

When I read crap like this it just shows how far down into the muck of stupidity and ignorance these folks have slid into. The fact is that people died, including a three-month-old child, at the hands of a man named James Holmes, 24, of Aurora, Colorado. We don’t know why, yet, and perhaps we will never know. However, statements like the one made by Rep. Gohmert are not just the bottom of the barrel, but the slime under a barrel that is sitting at the bottom of a land fill.

From Huffington Post:

Sorry for the video bleeding over into the right-hand columns. I screwed with it for an hour, and have given up on getting it to fit correctly. As well, if you can’t see this video, here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwqe0lNnUqI

Rep. Gohmert states,

“People say … where was God in all of this?” Gohmert said. “We’ve threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God’s name, they’re going to be jailed … I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don’t want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present.”

Really, Seriously…?

The level of batshittery that regularly comes from the Tea Party / GOP is mind-blowing. I need a neck brace for my head shaking, and a case of antibiotic ointment to treat the injuries to my face from the constant palming. These people are more dangerous to our freedom than people like Pat Robertson and his ilk, because they are in the position to make and/or effect fundamentalist Christian theology into policy and legislation.

Basically, this particular idiot from Texas is stating that he believes his god got so pissed off  that his only choice was to take the lives of random people in a random movie theater via a senseless massacre. This only solidifies what Dawkins says about their deity:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Who the fuck in their right mind would worship a god like this? Seriously, the people who actually agree the putrescent slime that comes out of the mouths of these backward, socially retarded, ignorant Tea Party douchnozzles are completely, totally, unequivocally certifiably mentally ill. What’s even crazier is that there are enough people who fall in line with the theocratic vomit that is regularly spewed forth from the maws of these bumbling idiots to win them elections.

Well, they can take their twisted theology and shove it up their asses. At least their heads will have some company….

Enhanced by Zemanta

35 comments for “Tea Party Member Blames “Attacks On Christianity” for Batman Massacre (A Rant)

1. smrnda
    July 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm

First, these Tea Party morons are a bit presumptuous to think that everybody wonders in the event of an act of senseless violence “Where was God?” What I usually wonder is “What was wrong with the person who did this?” I wonder about the motives, even though I know that most of the time the motives are stupid and ignorant, but it’s good to think about them since ideas don’t have to be intelligent or coherent to influence people’s behavior.

The talking point that secularists have driven religion from the public sphere and that instating a theocracy will return us to a world of peace and plenty is obviously false. It relies of a false picture of the past and ignorance about how secular nations tend to have less problems than we do.

2. Steve
    July 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Louie Gohmert is well known for this kind of batshittery. It fits perfectly with everything else he says.

3. astro
    July 20, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Al, this post is super-win! I love it when you get angry… It’s pretty much may default emotion these days.

Some kind of social shift or phenomenon has to happen soon where someone spouting this kind of shit effectively has ruined their career and their life. there need to start being real consequences for this shit. Or we’re fucked.

• JJ7212
      July 22, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Accountability. You’re exactly right. If Rep. Gohmert thinks he is only accountable to god, then he’s doing it right, according to the bible. In reality he should be held accountable by us citizens and by the law. Social media has no authority to really hold someone accountable other than through public influence of the character they interperet. There must be some kind of authority to hold religiously nutty politicians accountable for their wreckless irresponsiblity. I’d never want to remove someone from office because of their faith, but they sometimes should be removed because of their actions, whether or not they are biblically inspired.

4. Chuck Doswell
    July 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm

The ultimate irony would be if this guy turns out to be a teabagger fanatic, visiting his vengeance on the attendees of an unholy movie. There’s a lot of venting and threatening coming from teabagger types these days, so it’s not entirely implausible.

5. silomowbray
    July 20, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hi Al.

Just a correction: the three-month old baby didn’t die. S/he was treated in hospital and released. I would hazard a guess that the little one was affected by the tear gas and that’s what they likely treated for.

Details here at the WSJ.

• DigitalAtheist
      July 20, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I would certainly hope the child was treated for exposure. Having sucked in a few lungs full of that stuff over the years, it is harsh enough on an adult who knows what is going on, and yes, is totally aware BEFORE what is going to happen. A baby though… Damn, I ran out of words, which is mighty unusual for me. I can’t imagine being a baby and dealing with that.

6. vel
    July 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Poor Gohmert. His god is so petty, so delicate, that it can’t take being considered imaginary since it does nothing? And it causes this death and destruction because of it “feels” bad? Pity that it can’t take out its puerile anger on those who actually do speak against it, but rather cause the death of random people at a theater.

Puny god.

7. Derrik Pates
    July 20, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Thanks Al. You’ve put my reaction to this bullshit into words more effectively than I cold have hoped to. I wish instead of injecting this crap every time something bad like this happens, they would show some of that “Christian love” I’m always hearing about and do something helpful…

8. momangelica
    July 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm

http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/the-great-tribulation-is-being-mitigated-through-prayer/ http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/messages/page/29/ Message Aftermath of The Warning
    September 29, 2011, 8:45 pm
    Video Message God the Father: Satan’s Days are almost at an end on this earth
    September 29, 2011, 8:15 pm
    Video Message Insight into My Crucifixion
    September 26, 2011, 11:45 pm
    I have now sent My prophets into the world
    September 25, 2011, 11:45 am

• otrame
      July 21, 2012 at 2:04 am

Yep. This comment did it. I’m saved. [/snark]

• believeinme2
      July 22, 2012 at 8:25 pm

September 29, 2011, 8:45 pm
      Video Message God the Father: Satan’s Days are almost at an end on this earth.

Question: Who gave Satan his days on earth in the first place. Hummm?

9. davidct
    July 20, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Why is it that god’s will can only be reviled by the batshit crazy?

10. rickschauer
    July 20, 2012 at 5:15 pm

…the people who actually agree the putrescent slime that comes out of the mouths of these backward, socially retarded, ignorant Tea Party douchnozzles are completely, totally, unequivocally certifiably mentally ill.

Kinda says it all!

11. July 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm

It’s kind of meanspirited of me, I know, but from the profile of the killer:

“Update at 4:58 p.m. ET: Former San Diego neighbors remember James Holmes as a “normal kid” who was very shy, well-mannered and deeply involved with his family in their local Presbyterian church, the Los Angeles Times says.”

So maybe it was _too much_ god, not too little.

No, I know, it is just some mentally ill man with a horrible plan, and it could have been anybody: churcher, teabagger, atheist, whatever. But I think we’ve been mischaracterizing the point Gohmert and his ilk are trying to make: Not that the attacks on Christianity cause these murderous events, but that that these attacks happen because kids are not exposed to goddy influences enough, in school and in society, because of the godless secular. That if we were compelled to be a more goddy society, all these good Christian young men and women with neat hair and pressed pants, clean shirts and perfect morals wouldn’t do this kind of thing. And it is just the kind of apparent history of the shooter that puts the lie to this kind of easy, simplistic thinking.

12. F
    July 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Thank you, link-posting Christian troll.

13. The Evil TeaBagger
    July 20, 2012 at 9:12 pm

You Libs are funny! You get so excited when a shooting occurs that you can’t wait to pin the killer as a Tea Party member(http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/20/abc-news-brian-ross-apologize-for-report-suggesting-shooting-suspect-tied-to/). Thank you Brian Ross! What if Mr Holmes turns out to be one of your prized squad car poopin’-phoney-baloney-plastic-banana-good time-rockin’ roller Occupier? Oh you would just turn the other way, musta been something bad in his Capn’ Crush that morning. On to the next ranting and raving. What has you guys are so scared of a movement made up of middle aged/retired folk anyways?

Pro 14:3 In the mouth of a fool [is] a rod of pride, But the lips of the wise will preserve them.

• otrame
      July 21, 2012 at 2:08 am

I blame the shootings on mental illness, but it’s probably not the tea bagger type.

By the way, that quotation made me hot. You know, rods and mouths and lips. What an image.

• SDM
        July 21, 2012 at 9:30 pm

The irony is strong with this one.

• believeinme2
      July 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm

“For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever would believe in him would believe in anything.”
      [Unknown]

• Skip White
        July 24, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Unknown? I could’ve sworn that was John.

• believeinme2
      July 22, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.
      ———————————– Proverbs 3:5

That about says it all… understand!? 🙂

• ritapita
      July 22, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Evil TeaBagger: learn how to read. No one is trying to pin this killing on the tea party.

And for the rest of your post: Learn how to write coherent sentences. Phrases like “squad car poopin’-phoney-baloney-plastic-banana-good” seriously do not make any sense and only serve to make you look more foolish than you already are. I have to admit, it gave me a laugh to read that shitz though.

14. Mike de Fleuriot
    July 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm
  15. grumpyoldfart
    July 21, 2012 at 12:18 am

Do the other politicians tell Louie that he made a complete fool of himself, or do they agree with his style and cheer him on?

16. smhll
    July 22, 2012 at 10:18 am

Maybe god would take better care of us if we sacrificed more goats!!!

• believeinme2
      July 22, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Do we still get to BBQ them? The goats, I mean. 🙂

• JJ7212
        July 22, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Goat meat sticks so bad… Let’s be reasonable here. Just sacrifice beef cows and pigs. Who doesn’t love a free steak!

• JJ7212
          July 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Goat meat ‘stinks’, not sticks. I’ve never thrown goat meat across the room at anyone yet during a sacrifice.

17. frankb
    July 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

The projection is also strong in this one.

18. believeinme2
    July 22, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Hey Al, you are really pissed off at something bad that happened to you as a christian aren’t you. Let it go, my man. You’ll feel better. I was a “Christian” for 35 years. Even attended a christian college. One day (a few years ago)I woke up and the “fever” had lifted! I was cured! No longer a “Believer”! I’ve never been happier in my life. It’s crazy, but I feel so much more intelligent now!

Thanks for fighting the good fight… now relax a little. 🙂

19. Pierce R. Butler
    July 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

Dawkins has it partially wrong. The “sado” part of the Yahveh character sticks out all over, but where do we find the “masochistic” side?

20. September 25, 2012 at 3:55 am

Respond to All The Visitors Questions, And You are A single Action Closer To Profitable Them More than!